Monday, February 9, 2009

We belong in the Zoo!

What a wonderful weekend! Mr. Fix-It was home this weekend! Friday night we had dinner with his parents and then went shopping and out for drinks. Saturday morning Mr. Fix-It endeared himself to me...we went to the zoo! I have lived my whole life no more than 2 hrs from the ATL and had never been to Zoo Atlanta. The weather was BEAUTIFUL and it was a great day to be outside. The only bummer...my battery in my camera was dead so no pics :( But we got to see the new baby pandas and fun critters like meerkats, flamingos, and oranguntans, which might have just been my favorite. They came up to the window and were watching the visitors watching them :) The lion was very vocal that day and ran a close second as my fave!

After we left the zoo we went to the cyclorama, which depicts the Battle of Atlanta. Mr. Fix-It had never been which I found hard to believe because he is a HUGE civil war buff.

That afternoon we met my BFF and took her sweet pup Izzy to the park for awhile and then went to dinner. Such a fun day!

Sunday we went to church and just chilled with his family. I had gone to church with my parents for the past 2 weekends so it was good to get back to our church and worship together. All in all a great, although too short, weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The zoo? Baby animals? Do you have pictures? I may fall in love! :)